Handbike and wheelchair racers have been an inseparable part of the KPM event since as early as 1990. The historic first winner over the original full marathon distance was Miroslav Klečka from the Czech Republic. Today the course is 20 km long.
START: 1st October 2017 (Sunday)
Kosice, Marathon Centre, Hlavná street 1
Kosice, Moyzesova street
6 hours. The course will be closed at 3:00 p.m.
18 years (born 1999 and before)
Participants register to the Kosice Peace Marathon through Online registration. The Organizer reserves the right, also during the time when Registration is going on, to set a limit on the number of registered participants, for reasons of capacity, safety, logistics or other reasons, as well as the right to terminate Registration at any time or to change the date of its completion. (see General Conditons for Participation in the Kosice Peace Marathon)
Wheelchirs – Men, Women
MEASUREMENT OF TIMES
The techonology used for time measurements is the MYLAPS BibTag. The official time is measured from the firing of the starting pistol to the crossing of the finish line. This time decides the final order of runners at the finish. The results list also shows the figure for the net (unofficial start-finish line) time for information purposes.
Protests, regarding the results and situations arising during the race, have to be made verbally to the main referee no later than 15 minutes after the announcement of the results. Protests against the decision of the main referee heve to be made in writing in the race office, no later than 30 minutes after the announcement of the decision of the main referee, upon payment of 10,- EUR.
All participants are under obligation to arrange their own individual medical insurance for this event. The Organizer cannot be held responsible for any damage to property or health incurred during competitors’ travel, stay or participation in the event. It is the responsibility of each participant to arrange and undergo an appropriate health check-up and to obtain proper information regarding his/her state of health in connection with his/her decision to take part in any of the KPM disciplines. Each Kosice Peace Marathon participant takes part in the event at their own risk.
Marathon Club Košice
Pri jazdiarni 1, P. O. Box F-24, 043 04 Košice
tel.: (+421 55) 622 00 10
fax: (+421 55) 622 41 58
All events organized by Marathon Club Kosice are held in accordance with IAAF athletics competition rules, the Slovak Athletics Association competition code, and the provisions of these propositions. Participation in the Kosice Peace Marathon is subject to the General Conditions.
FURTHER IMPORTANT WARNINGS
- All participants must respect the instructions of referees, track marshals and organizers!
- Participants can register only for one chosen discipline of the Event. Participation in more than one discipline within the Event is not allowed.
- A competitor running with a bib number of another runner will be disqualified and both competitors will be banned from the Kosice Peace Marathon in the future.
- Accompaniment of Participants by other persons on the course of event on bicycles or on other vehicles is prohibited and can result in disqualification of thus accompanied participant. Only persons accredited by the Organizer may move on the course by bicycles with the purpose of fulfilment of tasks defined by the Organizer.
- During the race is forbidden to listen to music and to wear headphones from safety reasons.
- All participants start on their own risk.
For more information read the General Conditions.
This inner-city circuit is based on the original course set up for the World Half-marathon Championships in 1997. There are no prominent uphill sections, and the streets are fully asphalt surfaced. The marathon course consists of two laps, while the half-marathon runners complete just one. Both of these basic disciplines have been granted an IAAF / AIMS certificate for their course. The other accompanying races are held over parts of this circuit, and their measured and published distances do not require certification.
COURSE ELEVATION PROFILE
All the fast marathon courses must have couple of positive parameters. Besides very few direction changes or sharp turns it is of course the elevation profile. In Košice there is a course meeting the most challenging criteria. In Berlin where plenty of world records have been set up there are 21 direction changes on the course in the angle equal 90˚or even sharper. In Košice the number of such direction changes on the full marathon course is the same low.
If we have a closer look to its elevation profile we will find out that difference between the lowest point on this Košice city circuit and its peak is only 16,35 m (200,7 m above sea level – 217,05 m a.s.l.). The cumulative elevation gain on the marathon course is then 74 meters.
For your information in Berlin the difference between lowest and highest point is 25,6 m (cumulative elevation gain 37 m) and in Boston 146,3m (cumulative elevation gain 241 m).
ENTRY FEE FOR HANDBIKERS
We support disabled sportspeople.
KPM participants entering for the Handbikers and Wheelchairs disciplines pay no entry fee.
Payment date Handbikers a Wheelchairs By 31st August 0 EUR after 31st August 0 EUR
WHAT DOES THE ENTRY FEE GET YOU?
A welcoming package and these basic guaranteed services:
- T-shirt with event’s graphics
- Participant’s bag
- Starting number with disposable chip (with participant’s name if application and entry fee payment are received by 31st August)
- Free public transport
- Medal for reaching the finish within the time limit
- Marathon magazine
- SMS with finishing time (if participant supplies cell-phone number in application)
- Measurement of finishing time and intermediate times
- Changing rooms
- Showers and massage
- Medical services around course and at finish
- Refreshments around course (every 5 km)
- Refreshments and services in finish area
- On-line participant’s diploma
- On-line results list
- Information service – event info sent to participant’s e-mail address
Participants can order additional products and services through Online registration.
Participants should give T-shirt size in their application for registration (except for Mini-marathon, Corporate Run). Due to the fact that the deadline for ordering T-shirts falls in advance of the deadline for applications, the Organizer will supply participants with T-shirts in particular sizes as long as stocks last. Participants registered by 31st July will have priority in this regard. For partipants registering later the Organizer will make every reasonable effort in order to supply T-shirts in the requested sizes. Men and women will be supplied with appropriately-styled T-shirts.
Participants who order additional products and services through Online registration can pay by:
- Payment card – at the same time as your registration.
The payment is almost instantely matched with your application.
CHECKING THE REGSTRATION AND PAYMENT
Registration and receipt of the entry fee payment can be checked by logging into the competitor’s account in the Online registration section of our website.
The Organizer cannot be held responsible for incorrectly entered details either in your application or in your entry fee payment instructions!