Please carefully read the following instructions which will help you to become familiar with the different situations on the day of the race.
The race is held under the IAAF rules, Slovak Athletic Federation regulations and proposals for Kosice Peace Marathon in year 2019 distributed by the organizer.
PRESENTATION AND COLLECTING OF BIB NUMBER
AUPARK Shopping Mall, Nam. Osloboditelov
October 4, 2019 (Friday) from 10.00 to 20.00 h.
October 5, 2019 (Saturday) from 9.00 to 20.00 h.
On race day (i.e. October 6, 2019) there is no possibility of presentation or collection of starting numbers with a chip!
WHAT YOU NEED TO PICK UP YOUR BIB NUMBER
The most important document to pick up your Bib number is your Start Acceptance and ID Card.
We will send the Start Acceptance to all participants by e-mail in pdf format. You can also download your Start acceptance from your runners account: https://registration.kosicemarathon.com/
In case you have downloaded your Start Acceptance into your mobile phone you don´t have to print it. In case you haven´t downloaded it you must print it and handover to organizer.
If you are a minor, under age of 18 years, you have to bring a printed Start Acceptance signed by your Legal representative.
October 6, 2019 (Sunday) at 8:50 h., Start/Finish Zone, Hlavna street
Moyzesova street, near the Sports hall
Finish service for Inline and Handbike, handover of the medal and return of chips is located at Hviezdoslavova street towards the Peace Marathon Square. There will also be a tent and benches where racers can relax after reaching the finish.
The first part of course is same for runners and Inliners / Handbikers till km 13,8. Then through Južná trieda participants continue in the left traffic line, through the crossroad near Ryba to the VSS bridge and back to the Marathon Course. After crossing the finish line, participants slowly continue to the start/finish area where finish service will be provided.
Every change of course direction is indicated by tapes and fences, every kilometre is marked on the asphalt and road pillars.
6 hours . The race will end at 15.00 h. . Limit at 33 km is 4.45 hrs (turning point at hotel Centrum). A competitor who fails to meet the 33 km limit is required to leave the coursek and hand over his bib number to the nearest referee.
TRANSPORTATION TO START
Public transport is on the race day (Sunday, October 6, 2019) free of charge for the Kosice Peace Marathon participants upon display of the bib number.
- On the Race Day, competitors accommodated in the Students Hostels can access the shuttle between the Medická Street and the Start area at 7.00, 7.30, 8.00, 8.30 a.m.
- The competitors will be transported after the race from the cloakrooms back to the hostel by shuttle at 12:30, 13:30, 14:30, 15:30 h.
- Public Transportation Plan
Cloak rooms are located indoor the swimming pool (Behinde the Aupark Shopping Mall). Access to the cloak rooms will be permitted from 7:30 a.m. to competitors with a bib number. The competitor will place his belongings into a plastic bag kept in a locker, both properly marked with a bib number. In case that all lockers will be occupied, the personnel will place the plastic bag marked with a bib number to a reserved place. The plastic bags will be available upon request in the cloak rooms area. Travel luggage cannot be stored in cloak rooms. Upon request, personnel of the swimming pool will deposit the valuables of the runners in the safe deposit box. Organizers are not responsible for any lost or stolen belongings.
Toilets are located indoor the swimming pool (Krytá plaváreň) Portable toilets will be situated at the start/finish area and at the KPM course at 7,5km, 10km, 15km, 17,5 and 20km.
Runners will be able to warm up only in the area defined by the Organizer (leading from the cloak rooms towards the start area). Warm up won’t be allowed on the Hlavna Street.
ARRANGEMENT INTO STARTING SECTORS
– Access into the start area is exclusively through warm-up area – follow the instructions of organizers
– Inline starts at the west side of the Main Street (left in the direction of run), with wave of a pennon
– Handbike starts at the east side of the street (right in the direction of run), with wave of a pennon
– Participants have to take their place in the sector by 08:35 a.m.
TIMING AND START NUMBER
MYLAPS BibTag timing technology.
Competitors in Inline an Handbike will receive one bib number and a returnable chip. Place the start number visibly on the chest. Fasten the chip around the ankle with a tap. Do not forget to return the chip in finish.
Every participant must pass all the checkpoints at the course.
YOUR TIME WILL NOT BE MEASURED WITHOUT THE CHIP.
5,1 km, 10,1 km, 15,1 km, 20 km, 26,2 km, 31,2 km, 36,2 km, 41 km.
On tables water in bottles and glasses, energy drink in glasses, banana, lemon, sugar, salt…. will be at disposal.
With water in paper glasses will be located between the refreshment stations.
Tables at all refreshment and sponging stations will be visibly marked:
Do not throw empty bottles and glasses down the middle of the road; it may cause injuries to competitors running behind you!
Medical care standpoints are located in the Start and Finish area as well as at several places along the course. An emergency vehicle for rapid assistance will move along the course.
We reccommend to participants to fill out the health card, which can be found at the back of their start number. These data are not gathered or processed and are remaining along with the start number in possession of a participant. The provided data can help in case of medical emergency.
Award ceremony will be held in the start/finish area, according to the following timetable:
|I – Marathon Centre, Hlavna street|
|09:45 h||Minimarathon||Men, Women||1st – 3rd place|
|II – Marathon Centre, Hlavna street|
|10:30 h||Handbike||Men, Women||1st – 3rd place|
|Wheelchairs||Men, Women||1st – 3rd place|
|Inline||Men, Women||1st – 3rd place|
|Halfmarathon||Men, Women||1st – 3rd place|
|III – Marathon Centre, Hlavna street|
|11:30 h||Marathon||Men||1st – 3rd place|
|11:45 h||Marathon||Women||1st – 3rd place|
|IV – Marathon Centre, Hlavna street|
|12:00 h||Slovak Marathon Championships||Men||1st – 3rd place|
|Relay 4×1/4||Teams||1st – 3rd place|
|Junior Realay Race|
|FS SR Championships||Marathon – Men||1st – 3rd place|
|Slovak Marathon Championships||Women||1st – 3rd place|
|V – Marathon Centre, Hlavna street|
|13:00 h||Marathon – Age categories||M40, M50, M60, M70, W40, W50, W60, W70||1st place|
PAYMENT OF THE PRIZE MONEY
Prize Money will be paid to winners after the release of official results by bank transfer. All winners entitled to prize money have to report their account number by e-mail to the Marathon Club Kosice (email@example.com).
- 5,1 km and 26,1 km – Anička area, in front of the tennis courts. The road is constricted to 3,0 meters width on a 10 meters long distance!
- 13,7 km and 34,8 km – diversion to Holubyho street. Only one traffic lane 3,5m wide
Organizers ask all participants to adjust their movement to the condition of the road!!!
GENERAL CONDITIONS AND WARNINGS
Detailed terms of participation in the Kosice Peace Marathon are subject to General Terms of Kosice Peace Marathon. and are obligatory to every registered Participant of the Event.
- All participants start on their own risk .
- Inline, Handbike and Wheelchairs participants must wear a helmet.
- Each runner is personally responsible for the decision on his or her physical condition and on ability to overcome the whole distance in chosen category.
- During the race is forbidden to listen to music and to wear headphones from safety reasons.
- Coaches or other persons on bicycles (or other means) are not allowed to accompany participants and therefore will be excluded by police or by organizers.
- According to IAAF rules, accepting refreshment is allowed only in refreshment station’s areas.
- All participants must respect the instructions of referees, track marshals and organizers.
- A competitor running with a bib number of another runner will be disqualified and both competitors will be banned from the KPM in the future.
- Violation of these rules can lead to disqualification!
We wish you a pleasant and successful Marathon weekend in Košice.