Organizers welcome you in Košice at the Europe´s Oldest Marathon.
Please be careful while reading the following instructions which will help you with your orientation and various situations during your race day. The race is held under the proposals for year 2019 distributed by the organizer.
PRESENTATION AND COLLECTING OF BIB NUMBER
AUPARK shopping mall, Kosice
October 4, 2019 (Friday) 10.00 AM – 8.00 PM
October 5, 2019 (Saturday) 9.00 AM – 6.00 PM
Bib numbers not picked up by participants by Saturday, 6:00 PM, will be sold further.
On race day (i.e. October 6, 2019) it is not possible to register or pick up the BIB number!
WHAT YOU NEED TO PICK UP YOUR BIB NUMBER
The most important document to pick up your Bib number is your Start Acceptance and ID Card.
You will receive your Start Acceptance by e-mail or you can find it at your runners account.
Minimarathon runners have to bring a printed Start Acceptance.
If you are a minor, under age of 18 years, you have to bring a printed Start Acceptance signed by your Legal representative.
October 6, 2019 (Sunday) o 09:10 AM
Start/Finish Zone, Hlavná street 1, Kosice
Finish line is located at the same place as a START.
TRANSPORTATION TO START
Public transport is on the race day (Sunday, October 6, 2019) free of charge for the KPM participants upon display of the bib number.
Cloak rooms are located at the school SOŠ J. Szakkayho, Grešákova street, on Sunday from 7:00 to 11:00 AM. The competitor will place his belongings into a plastic bag kept properly marked with a bib number and the personnel will place the plastic bag to a reserved place. The plastic bag will be available on request in the cloak room area. After the race, the runners can take his belongings upon display of his bib number. Do not leave in cloak rooms any valuables. Organizers are not responsible for any lost or stolen belongings.
ON THE RACE DAY
- 07:00 h – Gathering of runners, preparing for run 08:00 AM – warm – up with music and intructors, in the area at Grešákova street
- 08:50 h – Gathering of runners
- 08:50 h – Start of Inline and Handbike
- 08:55 h – All runners are moving together through Štúrova street near Dargov shopping centre to the start area
- 09:00 h – Start of Kosice Peace Marathon
- 09:05 h – Entering the start area
- 09:10 h – START of U.S.STEEL FAMILY RUN – MINIMARATHON
• After the start, the participants run on the west side of Hlavna street and Komenského street (left in the running direction)
• It is not allowed to run on the opposite side of the course.
• At the turning point at Vysokoškolská Street, runners will turn to the eastern side of Komenského Street and then they continue at the same side of Hlavná Street.
• In the finish zone, the runners will be directed to the right side and run through the finish line.
• The expected time of the winner of Minimarathon is approximately 12 minutes. The time limit for the last competitors of the race is 45 minutes. Adjust your pace to this limit, do not stay on the course after this time.
• When the runners cross the finish line, pick up their refreshement and medal, they immediately leave the finish area through Sturova street – near Dargov shopping centre.
Medical care standpoints are located in the Start and Finish area as well as on the course.
Award ceremony will be held for the first three men a women at the Marathon centre, Hlavna street 1, at 9:45 AM in the finish zone.
Detailed terms of participation in the Kosice Peace Marathon are subject to General Terms of Kosice Peace Marathon. and are obligatory to every registered Participant of the Event.
- All participants must respect the instructions of referees, track marshals and organizers
- Participation of an adult in the Minimarathon with a child in a pram is prohibited. The participation of children (and adults) on bicycles, scooters, balance bikes, skates and other sporting devices is also strictly prohibited.
- During the race is forbidden to listen to music and to wear headphones from safety reasons.
- All participants start on their own risk
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult who is also properly registerd for the Minimarathon.
- Application of children under 18 years of age must be signed by their parent or guardian.
ADJUST YOUR PACE TO YOUR FISICAL CONDITION AND ABILITY!
We wish you a pleasant and successful Marathon weekend in Košice.