Please carefully read the following instructions which will help you to become familiar with the different situations on the day of the race.
The race is held under the IAAF rules, Slovak Athletic Federation regulations and proposals for Kosice Peace Marathon in year 2019 distributed by the organizer.
PRESENTATION AND COLLECTING OF BIB NUMBER
AUPARK Shopping Mall, Nam. Osloboditelov
October 4, 2019 (Friday) from 10.00 to 20.00 h.
October 5, 2019 (Saturday) from 9.00 to 20.00 h.
On race day (i.e. October 6, 2019) there is no possibility of presentation or collection of starting numbers with a chip!
WHAT YOU NEED TO PICK UP YOUR BIB NUMBER
The most important document to pick up your BIB number is your Start Acceptance and ID Card.
You will receive your Start Acceptance by e-mail or you can find it at your runners account.
You do not have to print the Start Acceptance. Start Acceptance downloaded in your mobile phone can be scanned and accepted as well.
If you are a minor, under age of 18 years, you have to bring a printed Start Acceptance signed by your Legal representative.
October 6, 2019 (Sunday) at 9:00 h., Start/Finish Zone, Hlavná street, Kosice (The first member of Relay team)
Start/Finish Zone, Hlavná street, Kosice
Finish line is located at the same place as a Start
The course is same as for Marathon and consists of two practically identical laps with the Start and Finish in front of the Hotel Doubletree by Hilton. Every change of course direction is indicated by blue line, tapes and fences. Every kilometre will be marked on the asphalt and on road pillars.
6 hodín. The course is closed at 15:00 h..
The limit for 33nd km is 4,45 hours. Every participant who exceeds the time limit on 33rd km must leave the course and hand over his bib number to a nearest referee.
TARNSPORTATION TO THE START
Public transport is on the race day (Sunday, October 6, 2019) free of charge for the Kosice Peace Marathon participants upon display of the bib number.
- On the Race Day, competitors accommodated in the Students Hostels can access the shuttle between the Medická Street and the Start area at 7.00, 7.30, 8.00, 8.30 a.m.
- The competitors will be transported after the race from the cloakrooms back to the hostel by shuttle at 12:30, 13:30, 14:30, 15:30 h.
- Public Transportation Plan
Inside the swimming pool (behinde Aupark shopping centre). Access from 7:30 h. to 16:00 h. to competitors with a bib number. The competitor will place his belongings into a plastic bag kept in a locker, both properly marked with a bib number. In case that all lockers will be occupied, the personnel will place the plastic bag marked with a bib number to a reserved place. Plastic bags are available upon requst in the cloak room area. Travel luggage cannot be stored in cloak rooms. Upon request, personnel of the swimming pool will deposit the valuables of the runners in the safe deposit box. Organizers are not responsible for any lost or stolen belongings.
Toilets are located indoor the swimming pool (Krytá plaváreň) Portable toilets will be situated at the start/finish area and at the course at 7,5km, 10km, 15km, 17,5 and 20km (for marathon runners also available in the second lap).
With regard to the time sequence of the start, runners will be able to warm up on the Štúrova Street only (leading from the cloak rooms towards the start area). Warm-up won’t be allowed on the Main Street.
TIMING AND START NUMBER
MYLAPS BibTag timing technology.
Each relay team member receives a bib number, only the last team member receives a bib number with integrated chip, which must be placed visibly on the chest. Any modification of the start number before and during the race is forbidden. Violation of this rule can lead to disqualification.
Every participant must pass all the checkpoints at the course. The Chip cannot be replaced and the neoprene pad cannot be removed.
YOUR TIME WILL NOT BE MEASURED WITHOUT THE CHIP.
Relay Team consists of 4 members. Each member of relay may run only one section of the course. Runner with bib number ending with 1 after the slash runs first section, etc. Only relay member with bib number ending with 4 (after the slash) crosses the finish line. The order of runners in the relay can not be changed. Last changes of members and of order of runners can only be made at the presentation on Friday and Saturday before the race.
The relay race course is the same as the Marathon course. Sections of the relay have the following lengths: 12 km, 9 km, 12 km, 9 km. Each relay participant will run one of the sections.
Since it is not organizationally possible to assure guarding belongings (clothes, bags…) left in handover spots, relay team is allowed to have an assisting person, a serviceman, not running the relay. Serviceman will be permitted to move within handover spots and can provide dry/warm clothes to members of relay while waiting for and after handover etc.
Alternatively, if relay team does not have a serviceman, it is also possible to manage it by runners themselves – runner, who finishes at the handover, can take belongings of following relay member. The shortest distance between handover spots number 1 and number 2 is about 400m.
Relay serviceman are not allowed to enter the handover area!
- Handover spot 1 (from 09:35) – about 12,1km – Južná street 10 – parking place next to the Hotel Academy
- Handover spot 2 (from 10:10) – about 21,3km – Main street (Hlavná ulica) next to the State Theater.
- Handover spot 3 (from 10:45) – about 33,1km – Južná street 10 – parking place next to the Hotel Academy – same as 1. handover
Runner (3rd member of the relay), who substitutes the 2nd member of the relay, enters the Handover Area through the pedestrian overpass!
Relay handover is done by handshake between incoming and following relay member within area marked by boards. Relay members are required to respect instructions from referee/organizer at handover.
Relay members are fully responsible for the timely presence in the handover area.
MEDALS IN THE FINISH
After crossing the finish line the last relay member receives 4 Marathon medals for every participating team member.
Refreshment stations: 5,1 km, 10,1 km, 15,1 km, 20 km, 26,2 km, 31,2 km, 36,2 km, 41 km.
On tables energy drink in glasses, water in bottles and glasses, banana, lemon, sugar, salt…. will be at disposal.
Sponging stations with water in plastic glasses will be located between the refreshment stations.
Tables at all refreshment and sponging stations will be visibly marked:
Do not throw empty bottles and glasses down the middle of the road; it may cause injuries to competitors running behind you.
Medical care standpoints are located in the Start and Finish area as well as on the course. An emergency vehicle for rapid assistance will move along the course.
RUNNERS’S EMERGENCY CARD
An emergency card will be printed at the back of every start number. Organizers recommend, with attention to health protection to fill out this card.
RUNNERS’ ARRANGEMENT INTO STARTING SECTORS A, B, C, D
- Access into the start area is exclusively through warm-up area – follow the instructions of organizers
- Before the start, runners line up into sectors A – D according to the marking on their start number
- In a discipline Relay 4×1/4 only the first member of the team comes to the starting sector
- Runners have to take their place in the sector by 08:40 a.m. After this time they can take their place in the final sector D.
- Start will take place at 09:00 AM, with the gunshot.
Award ceremony will be held in the start/finish area, according to the following timetable:
|I – in front of VIP tribune|
|09:45 h||Minimarathon||Men, Women||1st- 3rd place|
|II – Marathon Centre, Hlavna street|
|10:30 h||Handbike||Men, Women||1st – 3rd place|
|Inline||Men, Women||1st – 3rd place|
|Wheelchairs||Men, Women||1st – 3rd place|
|Halfmarathon||Men, Women||1st – 3rd place|
|III – Marathon Centre, Hlavna street|
|11:30 h||Marathon||Men||1st – 3rd place|
|11:45 h||Marathon||Women||1st – 3rd place|
|IV – Marathon Centre, Hlavna street|
|12:00 h||Slovak Marathon Championships||Men||1st – 3rd place|
|Relay 4×1/4||Teams||1st – 3rd place|
|Junior Relay Race|
|FS SR Championships||Marathon – Men||1st – 3rd place|
|V – Marathon Centre, Hlavna street|
|13:00 h||Slovak Marathon Championships||Women||1st – 3rd place|
|Marathon – Age Categories||M40, M50, M60, M70, W40, W50, W60, W70||1st place|
PAYMENT OF THE PRIZE MONEY
Prize Money will be paid to winners after the release of official results by bank transfer. All winners entitled to prize money have to report their account number by e-mail to the Marathon Club Kosice (firstname.lastname@example.org). (email@example.com).
- 5,1 km and 26,1 km – Anička area, in front of the tennis courts. The road is constricted to 3,0 meters width on a 10 meters long distance!
- 13,7 km and 34,8 km – diversion to Holubyho street. Only one traffic lane 3,5m wide
Organizers ask all participants to adjust their movement to the condition of the road!!!
GENERAL CONDITIONS AND WARNINGS
Detailed terms of participation in the Kosice Peace Marathon are subject to General Terms of Kosice Peace Marathon. and are obligatory to every registered Participant of the Event.
- All participants start on their own risk .
- Inline, Handbike and Wheelchairs participants must wear a helmet.
- Each runner is personally responsible for the decision on his or her physical condition and on ability to overcome the whole distance in chosen category.
- During the race is forbidden to listen to music and to wear headphones from safety reasons.
- Coaches or other persons on bicycles (or other means) are not allowed to accompany participants and therefore will be excluded by police or by organizers.
- According to IAAF rules, accepting refreshment is allowed only in refreshment station’s areas.
- All participants must respect the instructions of referees, track marshals and organizers.
- A competitor running with a bib number of another runner will be disqualified and both competitors will be banned from the KPM in the future.
- Violation of these rules can lead to disqualification!
We wish you a pleasant and successful Marathon weekend in Košice.