Marathon Club Košice
Žriedlová 3444/30, P. O. Box F-24, 040 01 Košice, tel.: +421 55 6220010,
E-mail: email@example.com, Web: www.kosicemarathon.com
Progress Promotion Košice, s. r. o.
Žriedlová 3444/30, 040 01 Košice, tel: +421 55 6228282
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: www.progress.sk
Participation and competing in the U.S.Steel Family Run – Minimarathon are governed by the General Terms, the rules of the World Athletics (WA) and the competition rules of the Slovak Athletics Association (SAZ) and the provisions of these Propositions.
DATE AND PLACE OF EVENT
September 30, 2023 (Saturday)
U.S.Steel Family Run – Minimarathon
The time limit for the Minimarathon will be set in the final instructions according to the final form of the competition.
This race is organized without age restrictions.
Participants under the age of 18 may only participate in selected disciplines. When picking up the bib number, they must hand over the written consent of their legal representative. The consent of a legal representative is part of the start Acceptance.
Participants under the age of 12 may only participate in the Minimarathon and may do so only if accompanied by another duly registered participant over the age of 18.
Participation of children in prams is not permitted.
The time limit for this race will be set in the final instructions according to the final form of the competition, and the race will be closed after this time limit. Race participants who will be on the track after this limit bear all risks associated with it.
In the Minimarathon, the evaluation will take place only in the absolute results, without any age categories.
Rewards in the form of material prizes will be awarded to the first three competitors in the men’s category and the first three competitors in the women’s category.
DETERMINATION OF RESULTS
After verification, the official results in the individual KPM disciplines will be published by the Event Organizer on its website at www.kosicemarathon.com within a reasonable time after the end of the Event.
Protests related to results or that arise during a race discipline must be submitted within 30 minutes of the publication of the results of that discipline. The race Organizers must ensure that the time of the announcement of the results in each discipline is recorded.
Each protest will be made verbally to the Head Referee by a competitor or an official representing the competitor. If the Head Referee is not present, a protest may be submitted to him through the race office.
The appeal must be submitted to the jury within 30 minutes of:
a) the official announcement of the race results, as adjusted by the decision of the Head Referee; or
b) notification of the decision given to the person who lodged the protest, if the result has not been altered.
An appeal must be made in writing, must be signed by the competitor or person representing the competitor, and must be supported by a deposit of 10 EUR. The deposit will be forfeited if the jury finds the protest irrelevant.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
The Organizer does not offer insurance to participants. The provision of insurance of any type (medical, injury, liability for damage, travel, etc.) is the responsibility of the event Participant. Possible costs for treatment, hospitalization, damage caused and the like shall be borne by the Participant.
The Organizer takes no responsibility for damage to property or health associated with travel, stay and participation of racers in the events. It is the responsibility of a Participant to undergo a relevant health examination prior to the start and to obtain information about his or her own health status in association with the decision to participate in the U.S.Steel Family Run – Minimarathon. Each Participant starts at the U.S.Steel Family Run – Minimarathon at his or her own responsibility.
Detailed terms of participation in the Kosice Peace Marathon are subject to the General Terms and are obligatory to every registered Participant of the Event.
The Organizer reserves the right to change the program, propositions and other conditions without prior notice.
METHOD AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
The only method of registration for Events is registration in advance in the on-line registration form, which is available on the Web page of the Organizer at www.kosicemarathon.com. A component of on-line registration on the mentioned Web page is also the payment system set for the payment of the participation fee (hereinafter the Registration Fee).
ENTRY FEE FOR U.S.STEEL FAMILY RUN – MINIMARATHON
Entry fee for the U.S.Steel Family Run – Minimarathon 2023 is scheduled as follows:
If paid Entry Fee by 30th April 10 EUR by 30th June 12 EUR from 1st July 14 EUR
If the date of registration and the date of payment do not match, the date of payment is decisive for determining the amount of the Entry Fee.
WHAT DOES THE ENTRY FEE GET YOU?
The entry fee is used primarily to cover part of the costs associated with the overall preparation and organization of the event.
As part of this, the Organizer provides the participant with the following, as well as other services and benefits not listed here:
- Starting number with disposable chip
- Measurement of finishing time and intermediate times
- Medal for reaching the finish within the time limit
- Storage service for personal belongings
- Medical services around course and at finish
- Refreshments and services in finish area
- On-line participant’s diploma
- On-line results list
- Information service – event info sent to participant’s e-mail address
- To participants who properly register by 31 August 2023 will the U.S.Steel Košice, through the Organizer provide a commemorative participant t-shirt. Depending on the possibilities of the supplier, the chosen size of such a T-shirt will be taken into account to an appropriate extent.
PAYMENT OF ENTRY FEE
The On-line registration for the U.S.Steel Family Run – Minimarathon becomes valid only after payment of the entry fee, which must be paid at the same time as your registration.
A registration form which is not submitted simultaneously with payment of the prescribed Registration Fee to the account of the Organizer is incomplete and shall be considered by the Organizer as invalid. The Organizer shall decide whether such a registration is to be left in the records for further communication with the Participant.
HOW TO PAY THE ENTRY FEE
1. With a Payment card
The following payment cards are accepted:
Master Card Electronic
Diners Club International
2. Payment with a registration code
Payment using a registration code is intended mainly for event partners and employers (hereinafter referred to as a Company) that offer participation and starting in individual Events as a benefit for their employees or for other persons based on their own decision.
In case of payment with a registration code, all obligations and rights of the participant following from participation in the Event as stated in the General Terms and Conditions remain valid.
Payment with a registration code is not transferable to another Participant or to the following year of the Event.
CHECKING THE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
Registration and receipt of the entry fee payment can be checked by logging into the competitor’s account in the on-line registration section of our website.
The Organizer cannot be held responsible for incorrectly entered details either in your application or in your entry fee payment instructions!
CANCELLATION, SHIFTING OF A START
1. The Organizer does not refund a paid Entry Fee.
2. A registered Participant who does not pick up his or her bib number and does not make it to the start of the Event has no claim on a refunding of the Registration Fee or any claim for the refunding of possible other payments associated with participation. The Organizer in such a case has no obligation to offer or otherwise substitute an ordered service or to deliver material equipment and objects associated with the start at the Event.
Cancellation of a start
The Organizer in the U. S. Steel Family Run – Minimarathon does not allow transfer to the following year of the Event.
Shifting of a start
1. A registered Participant may request the shifting of the right to start to another person via e-mail and may do so up to the moment when the the on-line registration for the Event is closed. The time of this act is not fixed, is subject to the decision of the Organizer and occurs on the day when such a starting document is published on the Web page of the Organizer, or the registration for the Event is closed.
2. The request for shifting of the right to start must always come from the originally registered Participant. In the case of such a shift, the new Participant shall pay a handling fee in the amount of 8.00 EUR.
3. With the shifting of the right to start to a new Participant the paid Registration Fee and all other paid fees and claims associated with them are also shifted. The approval or rejection of such a request is upon the fulfilment of all conditions in the exclusive authority of the Organizer.
4. Shifting the start to the another participant is not possible if :
a) the Participantis registered for the Event through a registration code – the Organizer assigns registration codes on the basis of special instructions,
b) the Participantis member of any loyalty program of the Event,
d) the Participant picked up his or her bib number,
e) the participation limit set by the Organizer for the selected disciplines has been met.
COURSE of U.S.Steel Family Run – Minimarathon
The length of Minimarathon 2023 course is 4 km.
The start and finish of the Minimarathon is located on Hlavná street, between OD Dargov and the Doubletree by Hilton hotel.
Participants run along the west side of Hlavná street to the U-turn before the intersection Hlavná – Bačíkova – Továrenská, then they return along the east side of Hlavná street with a turn onto Univerzitná street, further through Podtatranského and across the bridge over Štefánikova street to the City Park. After the circuit in the City Park, the runners return via Mlynská to Hlavná street and to the finish identical to the start.
► Course map Minimarathon – Google maps
► Course map download – Minimarathon (pdf)