These General Terms arrange the relations between the contracting parties, when on one side is the civic association Maratónsky klub Košice, Organization ID: 00595209, with registered seat at Pri jazdiarni 1, 043 04, Košice, registered by the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic on 25 June 1990, no. VOS/1-900/90-194, as the Organizer of the KPM (hereinafter only the “Organizerˮ) and on the other side is the KPM Participant (hereinafter only the “Participantˮ).
I. Terms of participation in the Košice Peace Marathon
The organizer of the Košice Peace Marathon (hereinafter also as the KPM or the Event) is the Maratónsky klub Košice, with registered seat at Pri Jazdiarni 1, 043 04 Košice, Slovakia.
- These General Terms are valid for all Participants of the Košice Peace Marathon in its individual disciplines. If necessary, the Organizer will provide an explanation of these terms.
- Every person who meets all the requirements set by the Organizer in these General Terms, Propositions of the KPM or other valid documents issued by the Organizer of the event for the given year of KPM is authorized to take part in the KPM and its individual competitive and non-competitive sporting disciplines as a Participant.
- The Organizer reserves the right to set special terms for groups of Participants with a specific standing, such as elite athletes of the KPM, guests of the KPM, or representatives of KPM partners.
II. Definition of basic concepts
- Proposition – binding terms, instructions and information issued by the Organizer of the KPM in written form for individual disciplines of the KPM.
- A KPM Participant is a natural person satisfying the conditions for taking part in the individual competitive or non-competitive KPM disciplines.
- Discipline – the competitive or non-competitive program of the KPM, which has clearly defined and distinguishable parameters, such as the course length, the course, day, hour and place of start and finish, method of measuring and evaluation of results, terms of participation and other essential information characterizing such a program component in the KPM.
- On-line registrácia – method of registering for the KPM using an electronic registration form which is published on the Web page of the Organizer (www.kosicemarathon.com)
- Registration – an electronic document generated after successful filling in and submitting of the registration form in the process of on-line registration for the Event.
- Order – a document created in the process of on-line registration which contains data on the Participant and price of registration for the discipline selected by the Participant, a summary and price for all ordered accessories and data on the actual payment status for the given Order.
- Start Acceptance – written confirmation of the Organizer issued to a KPM Participant upon meeting the terms of registration.
- KPM Presentation – processes and activities, during which the Organizer at a location and time determined in advance issues to KPM Participants a bib number and offers them additional information, services and material equipment defined in Propositions and Instructions for Participant in the KPM.
- Entry Fee – financial participation fee set by the Organizer in the Propositions, which the KPM Participant pays to the account of the Organizer as part of the registration process.
III. Registration for the Kosice Peace Marathon
- Registration for the Košice Peace Marathon creates a relation between the Organizer and a natural person defined as a KPM Participant. This relation cannot be on the side of the Participant replaced by representation of another natural person or legal entity, not even if such a third person comes forward as a sports club, employer, sponsor or person otherwise related to the Participant.
- The only method of registration for the KPM is registration in advance in the on-line registration form, which is available on the Web page of the Organizer at www.kosicemarathon.com. A component of on-line registration on the mentioned Web page is also the payment system set for the payment of the participation fee (hereinafter the Registration Fee).
- An electronic Registration is generated from the process of registration, which accepted by the Organizer so long as it contains all mandatory data and these data are in compliance with the terms of participation and the Entry fee is paid in the correct amount within the set time period.
- Registration is possible directly at the Event at the place of KPM Presentation only with special consent issued by the Organizer of the KPM, a basic condition of which is that at the time of the Event the participation limit set by the Organizer for the selected disciplines has not been met.
- The Organizer has the right in advance or at the time when registration takes place to set a limit to the number of registered Participants in the individual disciplines of the KPM and to do so from capacity, security, logistical or other reasons, and also has the right to end registration at any time or to alter the time of its ending.
- Properly filled out electronic Registrations for KPM Participants are entered into the lists and database in the order in which they are delivered to the Organizer.
- Each Participant may register for only one selected discipline of the KPM. The Organizer will permit an exception to provisions in the Propositions and will do so if the disciplines have different time periods and if completing them does not endanger the sports-technical running of the KPM and does not have a negative influence on the health of the KPM Participant. A Participant of several KPM disciplines must without reservations satisfy all terms of the individual disciplines of the KPM that he or she takes part in.
IV. Validity and acceptance of registration for the KPM
- A registration form which is not submitted simultaneously with payment of the prescribed Registration Fee to the account of the Organizer is incomplete and shall be considered by the Organizer as invalid. The Organizer shall decide whether such a registration is to be left in the records for further communication with the Participant. In the mentioned case, no claim arises to the Participant for keeping the Registration in the records nor a claim to start the KPM, and not even after payment of the owed Entry Fee that comes after the payment due deadline. A final decision on an invalid registration remain in the exclusive competence of the Organizer.
- The Organizer has the right to not accept a registration and to prevent someone starting at the KPM, and may do so even in the case of payment of the Entry Fee, if:
- Each KPM Participant before the start must deliver at the KPM Presentation the document “Acceptance of Startˮ signed by his or her own hand, which was printed out after logging into his or her racer’s account at in the on-line registration. The Organizer enables the printing of the document “Acceptance of Startˮ after creation of the KPM starting documents, that is after the assigning of a bib number to the individual KPM Participants.
a) The Participant put incomplete, inexact or misleading data into the registration form.
b) The Participant was in the past demonstrably found guilty of a doping offense by an authorised national or international institution.
c) The Participant was in the past disqualified from participation in the KPM.
V. Non-transferable registration and BIB number.
Participation in the KPM is a personal and non-transferable right which arises only to the Participant, namely by satisfying all terms of registration for the KPM. The basic identifier of a Participant from the security, health and sporting-technical viewpoints is only the bib number which is assigned to the Participant by the Organizer. The bib number assigned to a KPM Participant is not transferable to another person. In the case of violation of this provision of General Terms, the persons demonstrated as having committed the violation run the risk of disqualification in the given year of the KPM and also a ban on starting in future years.
VI. Entry Fee, other payments, confirmation
- Payment of the Entry Fee
a) The basic rates of the Entry Fee for the individual KPM disciplines is announced each year by the Organizer in the Event Propositions.
b) The amount of the Entry Fee for the KPM depends on the selected discipline, the date of registration and the date of payment of the Entry Fee. The Participant is obligated to pay the Entry Fee in the amount prescribed for the day when the money will be recorded to the Organizer’s account.
c) Additional sums may be added to the Entry Fee in the course of registration, if the Participant orders during the on-line registration process any offered accessory services and goods in the given amount. In such case the Participant may pay the entire amount with one payment; otherwise the Entry Fee will be assessed as invalid with all the consequences according to these General Terms.
d) Upon payment of another (understood as lower) sum than is the sum of the Order, the Organizer shall consider such an Order as invalid and may exclude it from the further process of registration.
e) If the sum for several participants is to be paid with one payment, the Organizer must be made aware of this in writing in advance and must express written consent with such a payment and has the right to set additional conditions.
f) Payment of the Entry Fee is possible as follows:
- Payment by card
- Payment by bank transfer
- Payment in cash
A payment card is the primary and recommended method of paying the Entry Fee during the on-line registration of a KPM Participant and guarantees that he or she will undoubtedly and immediately have the right to participate upon the meeting of other conditions.
The following payment cards are accepted:
Master Card Electronic
Diners Club International
Payment by bank transfer is an additional method of paying the Entry Fee, and the participant must anticipate a time delay for arrival of the money to the Organizer’s account and that this process often causes the whole registration to be incomplete and unfinished due to missing and delayed processes on the side of the Participant.
Payment by bank transfer can be made to the Organizer’s account number:
Name on account: Maratónsky klub
Bank: Všeobecná úverová banka, a.s., Štúrova 27/A, 042 31 Košice
IBAN: SK36 0200 0000 0000 4173 1512
Variable symbol, is the number assigned during registration for the purposes of identifying the payment.
Is not possible with the exception of a case if the Organizer accepts a Registration directly at the KPM Presentation.
Individual confirmations are generated automatically and sent to the e-mail address entered by the Participant in the process of on-line registration.
a) Confirmation on registration for a race – is confirmation of successful registration of the Participant for the Event in the chosen discipline.
b) Information about a new order – is confirmation of the successful creation and sending of an Order for the Event.
c) Document on a paid for order – An official document generated after coupling payment with an Order.
The Organizer does not have the opportunity or even the obligation to issue other types of confirmation according to individual requests of Participants.
The Organizer will issue an invoice for a received payment for ordered services and goods only to a legal entity or natural person with a tax identification number (TAX ID/VAT ID), if such entity/person sends an order in advance with the identification data (name, address of seat, postal address, TAX ID/VAT ID).
VII. Cancellation of registration, including the Entry Fee, change of discipline
- The Organizer does not refund a paid Entry Fee.
- A registered Participant who does not come to the Presentation, does not pick up his or her bib number and does not get to the start of the KPM, alongside the Entry Fee, does not have a claim on the refunding of any other possible payments associated with participation, not even the handing over or delivery of items associated with the start at the Event.
- A registered Participant may request the shifting of the Entry Fee to the following year of the KPM by letter or e-mail delivered to the Organizer no later than 96 hours before the start of the KPM, under these conditions:
- If the Participant does not observe the deadline and conditions for the shift of the Entry Fee or does not pay the handling fee, the possibility of shifting the Entry Fee automatically expires.
- A shift of the Entry Fee is possible only one time and only to the next, that is, the following year of the KPM. A repeated shift of an already shifted Entry Fee is not possible.
- A registered Participant may request in writing or by e-mail a shift of the Entry Fee to another Participant no later than 96 hours before the start of the KPM. A shift of the Entry Fee is always at the original request of the registered Participant. In the case of a shift of the Entry Fee to a new Participant, the Participant pays a handling fee of 6.00 EUR. Approval or refusal of such a request, even with the fulfilment of all conditions, is in the exclusive authority of the Organizer.
- After receipt of a bib number the shift of a Entry Fee to the following year or to another Participant is no longer possible.
a) At the moment of submitting a request the Participant had met all conditions of participation for the KPM in the given year.
b) A Participant who is allowed the opportunity to shift the Entry Fee and who subsequently wants to use this opportunity must in the following year again properly register for a KPM discipline written in the propositions, which does not have to be identical with the original discipline from the previous year, and must do so no later than by the deadline which the Organizer published in the propositions for the relevant year. At the same time, with such registration a Participant also pays a so-called handling fee for shifting the Entry Fee in the amount of 6.00 EUR.
VIII. Fulfilment provided to Participants for payment of the Entry Fee (“Welcoming Packageˮ)
- The Organizer annually defines the range of fulfilment of services and material products which it provides to properly registered KPM participants. This fulfilment will be published on the Web page of the KPM as a “Welcoming Packageˮ. The Organizer has the right to define a limited number, quality or other parameter of such fulfilment depending on the total number of registered Participants or from the date on which a Participant registered for the KPM. A Participant will be informed during the process of on-line registration about such possible limitations, and it will be up to him or her to decide whether to register for the KPM under these terms.
- No claim shall arise to a Participant to services or material products which are provided to the KPM from KPM Partners as gifts or samples in a limited range up to the set number agreed between the Partner and the Organizer.
IX. Safety of participants
- The KPM takes place regardless of the weather. The Organizer, however, reserves the right to cancel or interrupt the holding of the KPM in the case of serious danger, which may be, but not only, an extreme swing in the air temperature, otherwise exceptionally unfavourable weather, the danger of a terrorist attack and other unforeseeable events and circumstances, which could endanger the health and safety of participants, members of organizational teams and spectators. In such a case the Participant has no claim on the refunding of the Entry Fee or any part of it.
- The Organizer announces the organizational and safety instructions relating to participation in the KPM to Participants in the event in an appropriate way (by e-mail, publication on the Web page of the Organizer) and in a timely fashion before holding the KPM. Each KPM Participant is obligated to follow these instructions and measures following from them.
- Each KPM Participant is obligated to respect and observe the instructions of identified members of the KPM Organizational Team and Organizers of the KPM during the whole duration of the Event.
- The use of any technical equipment or aids which can favour a Participant or hinder another Participant or endanger the health of Participants and spectators is prohibited. These include, for example, bicycles, reflectors, skateboards, scooters, walking sticks and the like.
- The use of inline skates or wheelchairs for disabled participants is permitted only in the disciplines intended for them.
- The accompanying of Participants by other persons along the course during the Event on bicycles and similar transport vehicles is prohibited and may have as a consequence disqualification of the so-accompanied Participant. Only persons accredited and properly identified by the Organizer for the purpose of fulfilling tasks defined by the Organizer may move along the course on bicycles or similar transport devices.
- If a Participant demonstrably strays from the prescribed course of the given KPM discipline, violates the safety of Participants and/or spectators, or otherwise behaves in an unsporting manner, the Organizer is authorised to prohibit the Participant from continuing in the races and to disqualify him/her.
- Disqualification of a Participant is also possible in the case of completion of the races and additional demonstration of such an act by the Participant. In questions of disqualification the Organizer is governed by, in addition to these General Terms, also the rules of athletic in the wording of relevant documents of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and the Slovak Athletics Association (SAZ).
- Members of the KPM health service are authorised to prohibit a Participant from starting or continuing in participation at the KPM if urgent protection of the health of the Participant is involved on the basis of an objective assessment of the health state of the Participant by a qualified member of the KPM health service.
X. Elimination of Responsibility
- If the Organizer, compelled for reasons of force majeure, weather, war, terrorism or another threat before the start of the KPM or during its running, must cancel the event, no claim to a refund shall arise to Participants, including to the Entry Fee, with respect to the fact that costs arose to the Organizer for preparation of the KPM even before the cancellation of the KPM itself.
- All Participants in the KPM start at their own responsibility. The Organizer is not responsible for any material damage, losses of property or damage to health associated with participation in the event or any travel to the event and accommodation of the Participant at the site of the Event. A Participant is responsible for ensuring the relevant medical examination and obtaining information on his/her own health status in association with a decision to participate in any KPM discipline.
- Each Participant in the KPM individually in his/her own name shall secure accident insurance, health insurance, medical care insurance or other types of insurance according to his/her own considerations.
XI. Protection of Personal Data and Associated Processes
- The Organizer of the KPM handles personal data of Participants in line with Act No. 122/2013 Coll. on the Protection of Personal Data valid until 24 May 2018 and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation of the European Parliament, the Council of Europe (EU) 2016/679 and Act No. 18/2018 On the Protection of Personal Data, valid from 25 May 2018).
- The Organizer of the KPM declares that all personal data are confidential and will be used only for purposes according to an Order made on the side of the Participant and confirmed on the side of the Organizer and for informing of a Participant regarding additional steps and activities of the Organizer and its contractual partners in the scope of the KMP project.
- The conditions of processing personal data and specification of specific personal data, the processing of which the Participant expresses consent to, are contained herein.
- Photographs, film, interviews and other forms of recording of a Participant associated with his/her participation in the KPM are available for the needs of the Organizer. The Organizer reserves the right to archive the mentioned records and to publish them in all forms. No financial, material or any other claim shall arise to a Participant in the case of such publication.
XII. Final and Special Provisions
These General Terms acquire force on 1 January 2018 and replace the original wording and are valid without time limitation. The Organizer reserves the right to make changes and to supplement the General Terms of participation in the KPM.