Maratónsky club Košice (hereinafter only the Operator) processes personal data in line with the GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter only the Regulation) and Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on the Protection of Personal Data (hereinafter only the Act) with validity as of 25 May 2018, and the General Terms of the KPM.
I. Identification data of operator
Maratónsky club Košice, Žriedlová 3444/30, 040 01 Košice, Company ID: 00595209, registered by the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic no. VOS/1-900/90-194.
II. Personal data that we process
name, surname, date of birth, sex, address (street, postal code, city, state), nationality, club, expected time in the selected discipline, profession, e-mail, telephone contact, information on the status of registration, date and time of registration, date and time of presentation, date and status of payment, bib number assigned, resulting place and time of a participant, intermediate times of a participant, generated EAN number, photographs, video recordings, audio recordings.
III. Obtaining personal data
We obtain personal data directly from the concerned persons through communication instruments: the founding of a participant’s account on the Web page of the operator, www.kosicemarathon.com; registration for individual events; registering for receiving newsletters and marketing messages; direct written, telephone, personal or electronic communication;
Personal data of third parties, which you provide to us
If you provide us with personal data of third parties (e.g. you register your friends, acquaintance, etc…for events), it is your obligation to inform the concerned persons of this and to get their consent with these terms for the protection of personal data.
IV. What we use personal data for
Participant account – serves especially so that a user can register for all the events that we organize. At the same time it offers the user an overview of all of his or her previous and current registrations for events. It allows the user to modify his or her profile on the account. If a user when establishing an account provides contact data, we can send him or her information about our activities and the events and services we are preparing.
The user may change the provided data, with the exception of the e-mail address, which serves to access the participant account.
The following contact data are processed for this purpose: name, surname, address, e-mail, telephone number
Participation in events we organize – personal data for this purpose are processed mainly so that we can completely provide participation to a participant in the events for which he or she is registered.
Complex provision includes:
- Processing of registration, record of payment,
- Processing and supplying of all products and services, which a participant orders in the scope of registration for the event
- Correctly assigning to the disciplines and various categories which are components of the event
- Assigning of a bib number
- Assigning of an EAN code, which serves for presentation of the participant at the event
- Preparation and processing of the start and results lists
- Measuring and evaluation of the achieved time and place at the Events
- Provision of an information service to registered participants and interested parties on participation in events
- Provision of the proper course of the Events and protection of health and property of Event Participants
- Provision of complete care of Participants in Events at the start, on the course and at the finish line
- Identification of a Participant for the needs of health and security service of the Event
- Publication of the start and results lists on the Web page of the Operator, www.kosicemarathon.com, and in other electronic and print media
- The sending of the final place and time as a sporting result to the contact data provided.
- Archiving of achieved results of even participants
- Processing and publication of historical results of events
- Statistical purposes
- Billing and tax purposes
- Fulfilment of other legal obligations
For this purpose the following personal data in particular are processed:
name, surname, date of birth, sex, citizenship, club, expected performance in the selected discipline, profession, e-mail, telephone contacts, information on status of registration, date and time of registration, date and time of presentation, date and status of payment, assigned bib number, resulting place and time of participant, intermediate times of a participant, generated EAN number
Care of event participants: If you contact us by e-mail or through the contact formula with any question, you thus give us voluntary consent to contact you in reply. In this case we use your e-mail address, name and surname. If necessary, we can request additional information from you essential for responding to your request.
Marketing – We send marketing messages only to those who provide their consent. Consent is provided voluntarily by checking boxes in a form when founding a participant’s account on our Web page. A user may unsubscribe from these marketing messages by changing the settings of his or her profile after logging on to the participant’s account at https://registration.kosicemarathon.com/ or by sending an e-mail to our address email@example.com.
If a user creates more accounts for a participant, in the scope of which he or she states the same or different contact information, this may cause the consent to receiving marketing messages to remain valid, despite unsubscribing from marketing at one of the accounts. In this case we don’t have the possibilities to prevent marketing messages being sent, until the user alters the setting on all accounts he or she has created.
The following contact data are processed for this purpose: address, e-mail, telephone contacts.
V. On what legal basis we process personal data
On the basis of authorised interest we process personal data for the complete provision of participation in the events for which a participant is registered.
name, surname, date of birth, sex, citizenship, club, expected performance in the selected discipline, profession, assigned bib number, resulting place and time of the participant, intermediate times of the participant, generated EAN number, photography
Fulfilment of the contract – so that we can ensure contractual fulfilment associated with a participant’s participation in the events (see the General Terms for Participation in the KPM) that we organize, including the supplying of products and services that a participant orders in the scope of registration for the event.
Name, surname, address, e-mail, telephone contact
Consent with the processing of personal data – for example, for the purpose of sending marketing notifications and offers from us and our partners, also i case, when we provide selected contact details to third parties (event partners), so they can contact you for purposes of offering you benefits when using their services, bying their products, and sending you informations on nevelties, sales and benefits which they are preparing for you. We will not process personal data whose processing requires the consent of the concerned person without such consent.
Refusing to give consent with the processing of personal data for marketing purposes according to valid legal arrangements is not related to our right to send you our e-mail associated with your participation in an event, information about our activities and information about activities and events prepared by us.
Name, surname, address, e-mail, telephone contacts
Life important interests
On this basis we process personal data for the purpose of protecting life important interests of even participants (e.g. in the case of collapse, when it is necessary to contact emergency services), for the purpose of crisis communication between the organizer and event participants.
Name, surname, address, e-mail, telephone contact
VI. How long do we keep data?
Personal data are processed and stored for the period necessary to ensure all rights and obligations following from the contract (see General Terms and Conditions for Participation in the KPM). We must process personal data that are necessary for the proper provision of services or for fulfilling all of our obligations, whether these obligations arise from a contract between us or from generally binding legal provision, irrespective of your consent, for the period prescribed by legal provisions or in compliance with them.
We process data obtained through a participant’s account for the period of use of our services, usually 5 years from the last user login to the participant’s account, or until the participant’s account is cancelled upon request. We process and store start and results records without limitation for historical and statistical reasons.
In the case of the processing of personal data for which consent of the concerned person has been granted, the personal data will normally be processed for a period of 5 years or until such consent is withdrawn (e.g., receiving of marketing reports).
This consent can be revoked by adjusting the profile setting on the participant’s account.
You can send all questions related to the processing of personal data to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VII. Information on the processing of cookie files
The Web pages of the Operator utilizes cookies. On the basis of these cookies the Operator may, e.g., monitor the total number of visitors to its Web pages.
Cookies are small text files and information that are stored from a Web page on the hard disk of a user’s computer and enable the Web page to remember important information that makes it easier for the user to use the Website. For example, the page remembers a user’s login data, and on subsequent visits to the site the user does not have to enter them again.
The site uses temporary and permanent cookies. Temporary files are stored on the user’s device until the page is closed. Permanent files remain on the device until their expiration or deletion.
VIII. Personal data of children
As the Operator, we also process personal information for children under the age of 18 for the needs of registration for events intended to include children or only for children, and processing and publishing start lists and final results. Our registration system requires the consent of a legal guardian for persons under 18 years of age, which includes name surname, date of birth, address, e-mail, mobile of legal guardian. These personal data are processed for the needs of participating of a participants under age of 18 in the selected event.
IX. Processing of personal data through intermediaries
We provide personal data to intermediaries, whose cooperation is essential for organizing and carrying out events. The data are provided to intermediaries to the extent necessary on the basis of a contract for the processing of personal data. These are in particular subjects providing IT services, registration and presentation of event participants, measuring of time at events, processing of event start and result documents, preparation of materials intended for events, information service during and after events and subjects whose products and services can be ordered in the process of registration for the event and the rescue and security services at the event. Personal data are also provided to subjects on the basis of a particular action taken by a participant (e.g. purchase of a product or service in the process of registration for the event) or in the event of an exceptional event affecting a participant in an event. If data are provided to these subjects, they are only processed to the extent necessary for the provision of the service of appropriate quality in accordance with the Regulation.
a) eSOLUTIONS s.r.o. Viedenská 7, 04013 Košice, Company ID: 36597767, for the purpose of: the provision of services for the operation and administration of the information system, managing a Microsoft Office 365 account containing e-mail and cloud storage services, providing “Secure mailingˮ for the sending of collective e-mails, managing the operation of the ESOREG registration system for online registration of participants for events organized by the Operator, the presentation of participants at events organized by the Operator, the statistical processing of the databases of presented participants and data on the traffic on the Website at www.kosicemarathon.com, the management of the facebook account
b) Ing. Miroslav Šír – Computer Services, Karpatská 3, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic, Company ID: 45646333, for the purposes of: processing the start and results lists of the Events, processing of the time achieved at Events, evaluation of the achieved time as a sporting performance at Events, publication of achieved time as a sporting performance for Events at www.championchip.cz, the sending of results and time achieved as a sporting performance at Events to the concerned person at the provided contact details.
c) Fotoservis – providing services in the form of photographs of participants of the event, with the possibility of pre-ordering the service through the registration system of the operator or ordering through the intermediary’s Website. The intermediary publishes photographs taken on their Web site. A concerned person may request at any time by e-mail (email@example.com) that the photographs taken not be published.
d) Allianz – the provision of services to Event Participants in the form of insurance for the case of injury or non-participation in the event.
e) Abbot World Marathon Majors, LLC, 21660 W Field Parkway, Deer Park IL 60010 – for the purposes of assigning event Participants to the Abbot World Marathon Majors table and presentation of results on the Web page of the operator www.worldmarathonmajors.com (surname, name, date of birth, nationality, e-mail, category, final placement, finishing time)
With payment by card personal data are processed by the provider of the payment gate service, the company First data, for the need of securing payment with a card.
With the use of cookie files the following data are handed over to these companies
• Google Ireland Limited (registration number: 368047), with registered seat at Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland; the terms of protection of privacy of this company are available here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
• Facebook Ireland Limited, with registered seat at 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, D02 X525, Ireland; the terms of protection of privacy of this company are available here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
Companies on whose equipment personal data are stored:
ECOMAIL.CZ, S.R.O. – provider of service for the sending of mass e-mail messages
Microsoft – provider of hosting for the Esoreg registration system
Microsoft – provider of e-mail cloud services
- The Operator declares that when selecting intermediaries, it has taken into account their professional, technical, organizational and personal capabilities and their ability to guarantee the security of the processed personal data.
- The Intermediary undertakes to process personal data only in the range and under the terms agreed on in this specific appointment.
- The Operator declares that it will not provide personal data to Intermediaries other than those referred to in Article IX.
- The Intermediary is obligated to preserve the confidentiality of the personal data it processes. The obligation of confidentiality persists even after the processing of personal data has ended.
X. Principles of protection of personal data
In the sense of Article 13 and the relevant clauses of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred to as “the Regulationˮ) and Slovak National Council Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on the Protection of Personal Data and on changes and amendment of certain acts (the “Personal Data Protection Actˮ)
The concerned persons whose personal data are processed in our information systems for specific purposes may apply the following rights in writing or electronically:
- Right of access to personal data – this is the right to obtain confirmation of the processing of your personal data as well as the right of access to such data, to the extent of the purpose and time of processing, the category of personal data concerned, the circle of recipients, the procedure in any automatic processing or the consequences of such processing. As the Operator, we have the right to use all reasonable measures to verify the identity of the person requesting access to the data, especially with respect to online services and identifiers (Article 15, clause 63, 64 of the Regulation).
- The right to repair incorrect personal data and supplement incomplete personal data (article 16, clause 65 of the Regulation.
- The right to delete – to “forgetˮ personal data that are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were acquired and processed; to revoke the consent under which the processing is carried out; with unlawful processing; if personal data were obtained in connection with offer to an information company (for children), subject to the terms set out in Article 17, clause 65, 66 of the Regulation.
- The right to limit the processing of data may be applied if, as the concerned person, you challenge the correctness of the personal data and other data within the meaning of Article 18, clause 67 of the Regulation by temporarily moving selected personal data to another processing system, limiting accessing to users to selected personal data or temporary removal of processing.
- The right of portability of personal data is the right to transfer personal data provided by you to our information systems on the basis of consent or the fulfilment of a contract to another operator in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, if this is technically possible, and under the conditions of Article 20, clause 68 of the Regulation in the case of processing by automated means. The application of this right has no effect on Article 17 of the Regulation. The right to data portability does not relate to the processing necessary for fulfilling a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of public authority entrusted to us as an Operator.
- Without any effect on any other administrative or judicial redress, you have the right as the concerned person to submit, within the meaning of Article 77 of the Regulation, a complaint to the Slovak Data Protection Office, if you think that the processing of personal data concerning you is in conflict with the Regulation or the law on the protection of personal data.
As the concerned person, you also have the right to object at any time for reasons relating to a particular situation against the processing of your personal data, even if processing is necessary for the legitimate interests that we pursue as an Operator or a third party (other than processing by public authorities in the performance of their tasks), with the exception of cases when your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms as an affected outweigh such interests which require the protection of personal data (particularly if the concerned person is a child).
If personal data are processed for the purposes of direct marketing, as the concerned person you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of such direct marketing, including profiling to the extent that it relates to such direct marketing.
The Marathon Club of Košice, as the Operator of the information system, has taken all reasonable personnel, organizational and technical measures for the purpose of maximum protection of your personal data in order to minimize the risk of their misuse, leakage and the like. In accordance with our obligation under Article 34 of the Regulation, we inform you as the concerned person that if a situation occurs that we, as the Operator, violate the protection of your personal data in a manner likely to lead to a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, we will notify you of this fact without undue delay.
WARNING: for reason of observing the principle of minimization, all personal data you provide are necessary by law or by a contractual requirement for the fulfilment of the purpose of their processing. Failure to provide obligatory data necessary for the conclusion of a contract may result in the non-conclusion of a contractual relation.
In the case of any questions relating to the protection of your personal data, including the exercise of your rights under the Regulation and the Personal Data Protection Act, please contact us:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone no.: +421 55 6220010
We reserve the right to modify these Terms on the Protection of Personal Data to comply with applicable laws or to make changes to our services. The new Terms on the Protection of Personal Data will be valid for you at upon your next visit to our Website.